1. Never make a comment online that you would not say to that person face to face.
2. Never post images of other people without their or their parents' permission.
3. Understand that once something is posted online it can be sent on by other users, leaving you with no way of removing it.
4. Never post a comment online in anger.
5. Do not forward on comments or contribute to message chains that you know to be hurtful.
6. Do not post material under someone else's name or log in detail.
7. Remember anything you put online can be viewed by schools, the authorities and potential employers.
8. Never reveal someone else's personal details online.
9. If you see an offensive comment, report it to the system administrator and discuss what you saw with your parents or teacher.
10. Remember that what is meant as playful teasing when written, could be interpreted as bullying when read. Consider the feelings of others before pressing send.